Codan has a long history within the marine insurance industry and regularly deals with a wide variety of claims, from small third-party liability claims to major main engine breakdowns and complex collisions. Our claims handlers have extensive expertise in the fields of marine engineering, maritime law, navigation, dispute resolution and adjusting, and their services are available around the clock to all of our customers.
Codan’s claims department is situated in Copenhagen. We also have an extensive network of agents around the world, so wherever and whenever you encounter a problem, we will do our outmost to assist and guide you through any unforeseen occurrences.
We continuously strive to give our customers brilliant service by:
- Being accessible 24/7, so you can reach us when you need us
- Being alert and able to take appropriate action
- Maintaining a strong relationship with our customers and service providers
- Being mobile and adaptable, as no two claims are identical
- Providing swift and professional in-house claims handling and adjusting services
- Effecting timely payments on account and compensation
- Making towage & salvage arrangements
- Providing legal & insurance advice in the wake of an average incident
- Providing recovery support
- Offering repair alternative analysis
- Providing access to a network of worldwide average agents
- Drawing on our 150 years of relevant experience (insurance, legal, nautical, shipping)